Pinterest

Saturday, December 4, 2010

I will not be defeated by the Cheshire Cat Needle Case!

And so the story goes. The Cheshire Cat has been haunting me since I watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland on the big screen back in March. This is the first rough draft. All attempts before this were just that. Attempts. If you have never designed a needle case before and you are looking for a new challenge in bead work, I highly recommend you give it a try. Just be sure you are up for the challenge of making big things fit into itty, bitty, tiny places. Oh and you also need a pretty good idea of how the reflection of light makes different bead finishes appear to be something they are not. 

This is far from over. I still have plenty of tweeking to do. I still want to fit in the hat and the rabbit. Maybe the hat but the rabbit is looking pretty doubtful at this point. Then there is this dream I keep having about making a whole series of Alice in Wonderland needle cases. Not that I am a huge fan of the story. To be honest, I fell asleep at the movie and I am too old to remember just what this whole story is about. But, what I do know is, I love all the colors and the cast of characters. I also love the challenge of making big things fit into itty, bitty, tiny places. Don't knock it until you have tried it!

2 comments:

  1. OMG - it's adorable! You are truly amazing. I'm working on the Dirty Dozen and can't wait to finish so I can buy more patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. I am still tweeking the pattern. I think I have managed to get the hat in there. I can't wait to get started beading this one up.

    ReplyDelete