Pinterest

Friday, December 10, 2010

A Random Act of Kindness

When I left for work last night I did not bother to stop and check the mailbox because:

A. It was really cold outside.
B. I don't like to be late.
C. I could have sworn I saw the mailman driving down the wrong side of the road.

He must be new. I did not recognize the Charcoal Gray Jeep Cherokee. But, there was a yellow flashing light just off center on it's roof. I assume this is the new mailman. Yeah! At least someone is trying. Now if they can just pick up the speed a little. Who else gets their mail at dark-thirty?

So, I waited until I got home this morning to check the box. Much to my surprise a very special treasure was waiting on me. Robbie Payne (read her blog here) sent this gift to me.

See the special note inside?
It reads...
12/2010
Beth, Hope you can use! Robbie

Oh, I can use alright. It will not stay empty long. I am going to keep it in my nursing bag. I will store all the little tiny things that I need in emergency situations in the ICU. You know like spare parts and stuff that are not always easy to find, but a good nurse can get her hands on them in a hurry.
It will be used when time is of the essence and
small things mean so much.

So pretty. I LOVE IT!
I always wanted one of these. Now I have one.


Robbie,

Thank You so much for sending me this gift from the heart, not Walmart. It means so much to me.

Until We Bead Again, Beth

3 comments:

  1. I read on Robbie's blog that she was sending it to a friend. I thought to myself that the person must be very special to receive such a wonderful gift. Lo and behold I was right! Use it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will never know how much this touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you went to your mailbox, Beth!! And what a nice post! And to know you're using it is even better. Enjoy! You are so giving and an inspiration to so many. I just wanted to give a little piece of me to you!

    ReplyDelete