Pinterest

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Koi Pond Needle Case Pattern

Feels like Summer to me. I was finally able to finish the Koi Pond needle case. Luckily I did not have to make any revisions in the pattern. I must be getting better with practice.

I am giving this needle case to my best friend in the whole wide world,  Angie McNabb. She is one of the kindest people I know. Not just to me but everyone around her. She is a great wife to her husband Steve, and a great mom to her son Dustin.

She  has always been there for me, even in my darkest hours. I remember when I finally divorced my daughter's father. I had nothing. He made sure of that. Well, really I had a lot. I finally had my sanity. The kids and I finally broke away from that nightmare. We moved into a little two bedroom shack. I would guess the square footage to have been about 600 feet. I had no bed to sleep on, no couch to sit on and no refrigerator to keep my food in. She gave me a king size 4 inch thick piece of foam to sleep on. After the hell I had been through in that marriage, I would have slept on a gravel road to get out of it. Angie has always had a knack for finding great bargains and free things. Living out of ice chests was getting old. Before I knew it Angie found someone who had a like new refrigerator that they wanted to give away. The only stipulation, they wanted to give it to someone that really needed it. Well I certainly met the criteria. She made it her mission in life to help me restore mine. Well at least it seemed that way to me. In no time I had a fully furnished home.

One Summer each of us built water gardens at our homes. I'll never forget when I convinced her to move her pet goldfish, Goldie, out into her water garden. He didn't last long. I just knew that he was going to love his new outdoor home. Goldie saw it differently. I felt so bad. Goldie was so big that he barely fit into a checkbook box. Yes, Goldie had to be buried and there was a small memorial service held. You see, my friend, Angie is very special. She has a heart of gold. I guess that is why we have been friends so long. No one else would put up with my craziness!

Angie, 
         Because you are the best friend I could ever ask for, because it was my fault that Goldie's life ended too soon, and because you never throw anything away, I am giving this Koi Pond Needle Case to you. I hope you like it! :)

Your Friend,
                  Beth

Here is Angie with her very talented dog, Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment