Pinterest

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beaded Needle Case Pattern The Dragon's Castle

Here he is! This pattern went through several different revisions. Design changes, color changes. You name it. He went there. I finally found the right color combos. I must admit I had completely beaded up the first version before I realized the pattern and the colors did not work! Originally I had a winding road leading to the castle. That had to be removed as well. What a headache! But, like most artists, I will not quit until I am satisfied with my work. I knew a great pattern was in there. I just had to keep working until I found it! So, the moral of the story is....a ton of work goes into creating intricate beaded needle case patterns. Many things must be taken into consideration. Theme, design, color combos and balance. What looks good on paper will not always transfer around a 1/2 inch diameter wooden needle case! Until We Bead Again, Beth Murr



No comments:

Post a Comment