Pinterest

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Duct Tape The Snake !


This is "Duct Tape." He is my new pet snake. I saved his life today. He owes me one.




This morning when I woke up it was so hot. I stumbled to the dining room to turn on the air conditioner. My eyes are getting bad and I need a new pair of glasses. As I was reaching up to turn the on air, I noticed the duct tape near the top of the air conditioner had fallen down. Then suddenly I realized it had not fallen, a snake had pushed it down and was resting on the top of my air conditioner. I screamed like a little girl. Don't get me wrong, I like snakes. I think they are beautiful and misunderstood.



I decided to use my trusty broom pole and simply push him out the window. Poor guy. He was stuck to the duct tape and I could not just throw him out to bake in the sun. It is all about karma. I took down the duct tape snake and all. They had become bonded together as one. Poor little fellow was wiggling and trying to set himself free, but that Dollar General Store duct tape is some mighty sticky stuff!


After I made him promise three times that he would not bite me, I proceeded to peel him off the duct tape. Let's just say what happened after that could best be described him having a love hate relationship with me. It looked very grim at times but in the end he escaped unscathed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a great story to post about!! I give you all the credit for helping the little guy out!! I had a similar 'happening' but ended up stepping on a little snake outside our downstairs door!! I know what that "little girl" scream is like!!! i felt so bad that I hurt the little guy!! But he too was ok and slithered away!! But I still am so cautious when I step out that doorwall!! thanks for the story, Beth

    ReplyDelete