Pinterest

Friday, January 28, 2011

Needle Case Lid Patterns


Soon I will be adding a collection of needle case lid patterns for purchase on my website. When I first started maiking these I must admit the lid patterns were very random. I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out. I discovered that it is easy to make many different designs. I feel like those of you who also enjoy making beaded needle cases might find a collection of lid patterns helpful.

Many of you have contacted me about the lids being too large. My bad. I should have told you sooner that sometimes you must sand the lids down to make them flush with the body of the case. I hate doing this part but it is necessary to make 36 beads fit around the lid so that they will interlock with the 36 beads on the body of the case. I purchase wooden needle cases from many different suppliers. Sometimes I get lucky and no sanding is required.

The pattern below, is number 12 in the second collection of 12 patterns I will be offering for $12.00. You can thank Juls for this one. It is a spin off of the needle case I made for her. I love the design, but I am not real happy with the colors I chose for this pattern. I think other colors would look better. But, if you are like me, you rarely use exactly the colors suggested. You use what you have. Watch my website for this collection. I wish I had more time to bead. But for now, I can't quit my night job. So, it might be a while before I get the collection available as a single download. Please be patient.


One of my favorite things to do is write things out in beads. I will also be posting a FREE peyote alphabet small enough to use on wooden needle cases.


Until We Bead Again, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment