Pinterest

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Needle Case Pattern Inspiration. Where does it come from?



While working on the Wizard of Oz Tin Man, it occurred to me that some characters were missing. How could the set be complete without OZ? As I walked into a patient's room last night he said, "Here let me change the TV to something you can watch while you are in here." Much to my surprise he changed his ballgame to The Wizard of Oz movie. I explained to him that I had been wanting to see this movie because I needed to check on what colors the hot air balloon was. This opened a fun conversation about my bead work. The movie was at the exact part where the wizard is discovered behind the curtain; perfect timing! He was so excited to see my designs. His interest was playing a role in the design process and his smiles were genuine. I love this part of nursing. We connect with patients and actually see them healing through random acts of kindness. I will always remember him saying, "Now you know what color of green you need, use a very special red for her slippers, and don't forget the Good Witch."

2 comments:

  1. How touching!!!!! I'm sure you are so wonderful with your patients and this is a great story to have!!!! You should put together a 'memory' book with some of your stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie, Life never ceases to amaze me. I am a firm believer in The Law of Attraction. It just makes sense.

      Delete